Ok, slight departure here. I wanted to do a little write-up of a body-hair shaving tip that I read somewhere a long time ago that seemed worth sharing or at least preserving for future reference. I'm sorry that I can't remember or link to the original source of this tip, because it really works well. If anyone knows or is the originator of this tip, please let me know and I'll post the proper attribution!
So first off, why would you want to shave your body hair? As a rubber or lycra fetishist, the fetish is, to a large degree, about the feel of the material against your skin. Body hair essentially interferes in the sensations of feeling rubber or lycra against bare skin, to a degree that isn't even that apparent until you've tried shaving your legs / chest / privates and experienced the same material with bare skin contact. Which isn't to say its something that I do constantly or regularly, but as an occasional treat or experiment, its really worthwhile. I think if I had the energy level to stick to a constant regimen of shaving I would, but for now I settle for the occasional special occasion to shave down and put on some tight rubber gear and enjoy the feeling!
So here is the best method I've found to shave your entire body hair quickly and fully. If done properly, this can be completely in about 15 minutes total and results in a perfect close shave. Most importantly, if done correctly you won't have the typical problem with those anoying "bumps" from in-grown hairs.
The trick is to use a product called "Magic Shave". It comes in a small can (see pic) and can be found in just about any decent-size drugstore. Locally I usually pick it up at Target. This product is actually designed as a face shaving alternative to razors for black men, which apparently suffer from a higher risk of razor bumps. It is incredibly cheap and goes a long way. The product comes (typically) in powdered form and must be mixed with water and then applied to the beard.
To use Magic Shave for body hair, here's my recommended method:
1) Find a large-size household bowl
2) Empty the entire can of Magic Shave into the bowl, that amount should be enough for your entire legs / crotch / chest.
3) Put a rubber glove on each hand. This is important because you'll be applying the mixture with your hands and your hands will be in contact with the material long enough to feel some burning sensation over that much time.
4) Put warm water into the bowl slowly, mixing with your gloved hand as you add water. You are trying to get a consistency that is somewhere between oatmeal and soup. The consistency is very important here, so take your time and try to get it right. When its correct, it should not drip off your fingers as you pull them out of the bowl, but should be almost thin enough to do so.
If you mix it too thick, you won't have enough to finish the job. Too thin, and it won't be effective and will drip all over the place.
5) Get naked, grab the bowl, and move into a shower stall or tub (water off, of course). Before you go into the shower or tub, grab a non-critical credit card or Safeway card or something and a washcloth.
6) Check a clock and note the time.
7) In the shower, start applying the mixture to your body, starting with your legs. Apply enough that your skin is entirely covered and the hair immersed, but not too liberally that you will run out. Hopefull the mixture isn't so thin that its dripping off onto the ground before it can be applied. Make sure you don't miss the area behind your knee-caps! Skip the area where the legs meet your groin for now.
8) After both legs are convered, move on to your buttocks, feel free to venture into the crack, it doesn't seem to react badly.
9) Now move onto the crotch & scrotum and shaft. Avoid the head of the penis, hopefully the mixture isn't so thin that it drips all over there. If it does get a bit, it doesn't seem to be the end of the world. Hit the 'taint' as well!
10) Do your chest (if desired) and finally end with the area between your legs and groin. Not sure what to call this, the "leg armpit"? Anyway, if there is no hair there, skip it entirely, its problematic. Also skip your armpits, seems overly sensitive for some reason (for me).
11) Now all the areas to be cleaned should be covered. Check the time and wait about 6 minutes, but not longer than 10 minutes since you started. Best to remain standing in the shower. If you have more leftover stuff, re-apply to your legs, especially to the knees or any areas that are getting dry.
12) Once time is up, turn on the shower and rinse the magic shave off. As you rinse, use the credit card as a squeegee and scrape lightly with the grain of your hair. If the mixture was correct and the time sufficient, the hair should literally wipe away like, well, magic! Be sure to do you best to squeegee your backside and other hidden areas (back of leg, back of knee, etc.)
13) If there are any areas that remain a bit stubborn, use a wash cloth and wipe them down with a bit of pressure.
14) Be sure all areas are completely rinsed and pat-dry yourself off.
That's it! Now you should be entirely hairless and free of razor bumps for the next several days. Go put on a nice pair of latex or lycra pants and enjoy. You'll probably notice a lot of new sensations on your legs, bum, and crotch as the air and clothing his bits of skin that normally don't get a lot of sensation.
The risks are basically that if you apply too long or to particular sensitive areas, you can get a bit of a chemical burn. I haven't had any problems except for two exceptions -- armpits and "leg armpits". Both of those areas give me problems consistently when I try to apply this method to them, so rather than deal with the hassle, I just handle those using more traditional methods.
The big advantage to this method is that its so much easier to get complete 100% coverage on tricky areas like legs and butt, and also its much faster than any other razor-based method. It also works pretty well on areas like the scrotum that is really tricky and risky to shave with other methods. Its cheaper than Nair, less smell, less cleanup, and less risk of razor bumps.
If any of the stuff spills onto the shower, it will turn back into powdered form. Just take a wet washcloth and wipe it away!
Enjoy - and thanks to whoever originated the tip, I love it and use it regularly!